Krasl Art Fair sets stage for passionate young artists

Logo+for+the+2017+Krasl+Art+Fair+on+the+Bluff+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Logo for the 2017 Krasl Art Fair on the Bluff

Dylan Marzke, Assistant Online Editor-In-Chief

Kicking off on Friday, July 7, the Krasl Art Fair will be returning to St. Joseph for its 55th consecutive year. Bringing thousands of tourists to St. Joseph, the art fair offers seemingly unlimited options for SJHS students to get involved and benefit from having such an event in town.

Downtown businesses who employ SJHS students will be experiencing larger crowds on the weekend of the art fair from the heightened tourism brought in by the event which will immensely benefit those businesses and their employees. But with that, SJHS students don’t need to be employed by one of these businesses to reap the benefits of the Krasl Art Fair.

Aspiring artists from all over the midwest will be flooding to St. Joseph to become vendors at the art fair, but passionate student-artists from right here at SJHS are also given the opportunity to sell their pieces and get their name out in the competitive art community. It’s easy to get involved, in fact. Just show up on the day of the event with a photo ID, a license plate number, and your cell phone number and you can become a vendor yourself.

The Krasl Art Fair also offers numerous opportunities for those looking to gather volunteer hours for National Honor Society, college applications, or just your personal enjoyment of the beautiful art being showcased and sold. Visit krasl.org for more information on how to get involved.