Why you shouldn’t take baths

Back to Article
Back to Article

Why you shouldn’t take baths

pexel.com

pexel.com

pexel.com

Tyler Meier, Staff Writer

Simply said, baths are disgusting. The aspect of bathing in your own filth is very unsettling and I can’t understand why anyone would possibly want to do that. In addition, there are numerous reasons why baths are being inferior to showers.

The main reasons people take baths are for relaxation and getting clean. I can understand where people are coming from for the relaxation part: sometimes sitting senseless in a tub of hot water is just what you need in life. But the getting clean part is a whole other story. Any smudge or dirt on your body goes straight into that water you are bathing in. Therefore, you are getting no more clean than you were before.

In addition, showers are also better for the environment. The average bath takes around 80 liters of water. An eight minute shower on the other hand, uses just around 60 liters of water.  With the current standing of our earth, being environmentally friendly is crucial, making just another reason why showers are superior to baths.

“Showers are definitely the way to go, you’re literally just bathing in your own filth when you take baths,” said Brandon Burrow, a student and shower enthusiast. 

All in all, do what you please, whether it be basking in a tub for four hours or taking an eight minute shower in the morning. The most important thing is practicing good hygiene and if you’d much rather do that with a bath, then go for it.